Inspired by Kiwi Kathy's yummy Hummus my sis came up with this rather delicious twist on hummus. Its a great dip for crudites or crackers.
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup water (more or less)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (can use other colours, too)
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- First make your hummus: Combine chickpeas, applesauce, oil, water, tahini and spices in a tall bowl. Using a hand-held blender whizz into a smooth paste. It may be runnier than normal hummus, but that will change during baking, so just leave it like that (You can also use your food processor for this).
- Pour the hummus into a small oven proof dish. Sprinkle with the chopped bell pepper and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy! :).