This sandwich is a combo of all my favorites...hummus, tomatoes, artichokes,pita bread, and cheese. What's not to love?! I like it both cold or warm, just depends on what I’m in the mood for. Its perfect for a light lunch or cut it into wedges and serve as an appetizer. Make sure you don't bypass toasting the pita bread. I'm not sure why, but it makes all the difference in taste and texture. I've used both commercially prepared and homemade hummus. They both work fine, but if you have the time definitely go with your own mix. Otherwise give Gingerbee's Hummus Amongus (#22060) a whirl...yum! If you don’t have gruyere cheese, any plain old swiss works just fine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast pita bread rounds (I just place them in my toaster over, two at a time).
- 2Spread 2 tbsp hummus on two of the toasted pitas.
- 3Sprinkle snipped green onions over hummus
- 4Divide drained artichokes and tomato slices and layer them on the pitas.
- 5Place 1 slice of gruyere on each
- 6For cold sandwich, place remaining pitas on top of each and serve.
- 7For warm sandwich, put the layered pita back in oven/toaster oven until cheese is melted. Place remaining 2 pitas on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus, Artichoke, and Tomato Pita Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 577.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g