Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
When it's much too hot to cook, don't. Chill out with a no-cook meal, and spend more time at the pool .... Not in the kitchen! Hummus is so much more than a dip for pita bread .... It makes a quick and tasty sandwich or wrap filler too. Don't save this sandwich just for the warm days of summer, the cool crispness makes it perfect anytime of the year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- hummus (Ready-made from your favorite market's deli department)
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- italian vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- banana pepper, seeded and chopped (to taste)
- 4 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- bean sprouts
- 1Before preparing the sandwich, taste the hummus and if it needs some spark give it a squeeze of lemon juice and some freshly ground pepper.
- 2Add the Kalamatas, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and banana peppers to enough vinaigrette to coat the veggies. Set aside.
- 3Spread 2 slices of whole grain sandwich bread liberally with hummus; sprinkle with the feta cheese. Top with the veggies mixture and a generous mound of sprouts.
- 4Pour on additional vinaigrette to taste, and press the remaining slice of bread on top of sandwich; cut in half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus and Marinated Veggie Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 849.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g