Recipe by Vvn
Very easy to make not to mention good for when you are in a hurry. You can make the recipe with the ready made Hummus cans but I prefer the taste of homemade. I counted the preparation time from after boiling the chickpeas, because while they boil you can be easily doing something else.
- 500 g chickpeas
- 1 lemon juice (or more if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (or more if needed)
- 500 g ground meat
- 1 onion, small
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the Hummus: Boil the chickpeas till cooked, then blend with a little cooking water keeping it a little rough. (You can make extra amounts and freeze for later use at this point, you will be able to defrost and prepare later on.).
- In a dish put the chickpeas, add Tahini and stir gently while slowly adding the lemon juice (water eventually if needed). Add salt. You should have the consistency of yogurt. Make sure it is not too consistent because it will become hard if put in the fridge.
- You can also add finely crushed garlic to the Hummus. Add a little olive oil before serving if you like.
- In a skillet saute the onion in the olive oil till translucent. Add the meat, add salt and pepper cook till brown. Add the pine nuts.
- Serve hot with Hummus on the side and Lebanese bread (pita bread) toasted or not.