Recipe by Gingerbee
There's a large Middle Eastern population in Bayridge Brooklyn and amazing restaurants line the avenues...hummus is served with every dish on the menu...it's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world...if you haven't tried it, please do. I think you'll love it!
Top Review by georgie
a simple, straightforward recipe for yummy hummus! when i served it, i sprinkled paprika and toasted pine nuts on top. you can also drizzle a good extra-virgin olive oil over it. UPDATE: this recipe is so yummy -- and super easy. i've always added oil or water to thin out the hummus, never the chick pea water ("reserve water") & this is by all means my now preferred method. thanks! :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans; reserve water.
- In a food processor or blender add beans and all the ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- If mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved liquid from the beans to dilute to a desired consistency.
- Serve at room temperature with pita bread, grilled pork, lamb or chicken.