Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
THE FRUGAL GOURMET'S HUMMUS. Serving size is for an appetizer and a total guess.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup tahini paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Blend in blender until smooth.
- Serve with Pita bread.
- (Dip pieces of Pita bread into Hummus).
- May sprinkle olive oil and paprika or parsley on top before serving.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
It does make a lot, which is good. The texture is a little runny and it's a little watery. Next time I'll add less liquid from the can and I'll blend in a little olive oil to make the texture richer. Nice flavor though.
Holy Hummus....be prepared, this recipe makes a lot. Overall the recipe was great.