Recipe by Bonnie Traynor
Throw away store bought Hummus and make the good stuff!! This is a lemon and garlic flavored Hummus and it tastes wonderful! Try adding additional ingredients to add different flare such as hot pepper flakes or basil. The sky's the limit! Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini paste
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth, adding more lemon if necessary to obtain desired consistency. The blending can take as long as 3-4 minutes Be patient it comes out better!
- I have made this a lot lately and I have come to learn that I must follow the directions EXACTLY especially with the Tahini paste.
- Refrigerate for several hours. May be made a week ahead of time.
- Serve with Pita Bread or Pita Chips or your fingers. They all taste great with it!