Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Throw away store bought Hummus and make the good stuff!! This is a lemon and garlic flavored Hummus and it tastes wonderful! Try adding additional ingredients to add different flare such as hot pepper flakes or basil. The sky's the limit! Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini paste
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth, adding more lemon if necessary to obtain desired consistency. The blending can take as long as 3-4 minutes Be patient it comes out better!
- I have made this a lot lately and I have come to learn that I must follow the directions EXACTLY especially with the Tahini paste.
- Refrigerate for several hours. May be made a week ahead of time.
- Serve with Pita Bread or Pita Chips or your fingers. They all taste great with it!
once you find out how easy it is to make this yourself you will never buy it premade again. as with all things homemade it tastes much better as well.
Bonnie; Simple and easy to make. Just super-great. I made this recipe for a group of 16 at our GOURMET CLUB, served it with Microwaved Pita Trianges, WOW!!, also with Roasted Sweet Red Pepper Strips. Thanks much. "Uncle Bill"
Excellent!! I really easy to make hummus. I added a two tablespoons of minced fresh parsley and a dash of hot cayanne pepper to it it give it a little kick. Really good consistency though!