Recipe by Rita~
Rich, Smooth,Healthy! Serve with toasted pitas. Quick and Easy! Use as a spread for sandwiches. Spread on toasted rye topped with ripe tomatoes. Also add diced red peppers or hot peppers. I try to keep this low in fat if you do as well check out French Tarts Review.
Top Review by canarygirl
Easy and delicious! I spread the hummus on a plate, and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, then garnished with a sprig of parsley and a sprinkle of paprika. The ingredients are right on...I didn't change a thing! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more as needed)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour olive oil into feed tube over the garbanzo bean mixture to make a smooth mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Adding additional oil as needed.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.