Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really, really good! Great with pitas or veggies.
- 538.64 g can chickpeas
- 158.51 ml tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml chopped garlic
- 14.79 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- In a blender or food processor place the first 5 ingredients. Grind it until you get most of the chickpeas ground up. Then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 cup water, garlic, salt, tahini/tahina and lemon juice. Grind again. Taste.
- Add more garlic, salt, tahini/tahina or lemon juice as per your tastes. If you like it smoother add more water a little at a time. Serve in a bowl or on a plate with fresh vegetables, fresh - fried - or baked pita, crackers, etc -- or use it as a topping on grilled vegetables. Be creative with it!
- I drizzle olive oil on top of mine and sprinkle with chopped parsley and lightly dust with paprika. I like mine with a teaspoon of Sambal Oleke (a red chili paste) on the side, but a warning Sambal Oleke will make it very spicy!
- Keep refrigerated, it will keep in the refridgerator covered tightly for 2 or 3 days (if it lasts that long).