Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Want to make homemade hummus but don't have tahini? You can still make yummy hummus. Good stuff! Recipe courtesy of The New York Times. Serving size is estimated.
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, drained with 1/2 cup of juice reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2⁄3 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- Place beans with 1/3 cup of the juice, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, hot sauce, and parsley in a food processor and chop.
- Add more juice if hummus is too thick.
- Do not over process, as mixture should have some texture.