Recipe by fluffystew
Easy to make. No tahini required - this one uses toasted sesame seeds. Serve with fresh vegetables, breadsticks or toasted pitas, or use as a sandwich filling. Keeps several days in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In small skillet, gently shake sesame seeds over low heat until golden brown (5 minutes).
- In food processor or blender (see note), puree seeds, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the oil until smooth.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup of oil. Process until smooth.
- Stir in parsley.
- Note: if using blender, add small amounts of oil alternately with chickpeas.