Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 hrs
Simply the best, easiest recipe ever. Delicious and makes enough to feed 4 adults and still have some left over for lunch the next day. Preferably make a day prior to being needed as flavour develops on keeping.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 lemons, juice of, to 3
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2-1 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini
- salt, to taste
- Soak chickpeas over night.
- Cover well with water and bring to boil.
- Cook till soft.
- Drain and save some of the cooking water.
- Place in blender of food processor and mix till well blended.
- Add Tahini, lemon juice and 1/2 cup oil.
- Process further.
- Add further oil and cooking water till desired consistency is reached. The mixture will thicken further on sitting.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with pita bread and riata.
Tasty! I liked the lemony tang. I added extra garlic and paprika plua a dash of cayenne and cumin. Used canned garbanzo beans rather that dried ones and it only took a few minutes to prepare! Thanks, KK! Made for Fall PAC 2012
A good basic recipe which could be built upon. Add a couple cloves garlic, a dash of cumin and cayenne. Remember, my consultations are always free...and you can trust me. Made for A-NZ#67 recipe swap.
I love hummus and like trying different recipes, this recipe reminded me of my Aunts recipe, she loves lots of lemon in it. I used organic can chickpeas and added two lemons . To serve I spread the hummus on some home made focaccia and it tasted yummy. Thank you so much for posting your recipe Kiwi Kathy