Recipe by Scarlett516
This recipe is from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything."
Top Review by Jason Weiser
Great recipe, closest to the greatest hummus on the planet... which is at Turkey Central in downtown Doha Qatar.... Its missing the noon call to prayer for the full affect, but its a close second. Add a dash of smoked paprika to the top and for color and addl flavor and I drizzled a little extra olive oil on top..
Made it again, and added a a 1/2 tsp of Tandori Masala this time... that was the finishing touch.
- 2 cups drained canned chick-peas (or well cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil, from the top of the tahini or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients, except the water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a food processor and process, add water slowly until smoothly pureed.
- Add more garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, or cumin to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of cumin.
- Can be served with vegetables, crackers, or pita.