Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine gave me this recipe, it is probably already on Zaar somewhere. I wanted to post it so I wouldn't lose it.
- 1 lb chickpeas, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- cayenne pepper
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, cumin and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Season with small amounts of salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle lightly with the olive oil.
- Refrigerate for three to four hours to blend the flavors and garnish with the parsley before serving.
- Serve with fresh vegetables.
- Makes 1 quart.