Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy,a great summer lunch or snack.Travels well to potlucks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini, sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin (to taste)
- In a food processor: Chop garlic and onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process til smooth (Start with 1/2 cup oil and keep adding til spreadable).
- Spread on a platter and chill at least 1 hr or up to 1 week.
- To serve drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Warm pita is the best"spoon".
Yum. I have had a hard time finding tahini since moving here but was glad when I found some last week and could make some hummus. This recipe is different than others I have tried due to both the onion and the soy sauce. It is a relatively plain hummus, but was wonderful with fresh Recipe#156543 and stir-fryed vegetables. My picky child actually enjoyed it, so it would be an automatic 5 no matter what. That said, the rest of us who already liked hummus enjoyed it too. Thanks!
Good recipe. Easy to make. I added fresh cilantro in addition to the cumin. Very good on Veggie Wraps.