- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press (or minced)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or 1 pinch cumin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, from 1 large lemon
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup chickpea liquid
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- put oil and garlic in a cold pan and turn on medium.
- when bubbles start to form, turn of heat and set off burner for 5 minutes.
- Process the rest of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 40 seconds.
- With processor running slowly drizzle oil garlic mixture.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until the flavors meld, at least 30 minutes; serve cold.
- (The hummus can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.).