Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy hummus that is great with veggies or spread on a whole wheat pita.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup tahini
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Drain chickpeas reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are smooth.
- Add a little of the reserved liqid from the chickpeas and process again. Add more liquid if thinner consistency is desired.
This is definitely much healthier, and lower in calories, than the way that I make it. For this recipe, I would use 1/2 c olive oil and skip using the water in the garbanzo beans. The way that Meg has this posted is definitely a healthy, and still very tasty, way to go. Thank you for posting!