Recipe by megks
This is a yummy hummus that is great with veggies or spread on a whole wheat pita.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
This is definitely much healthier, and lower in calories, than the way that I make it. For this recipe, I would use 1/2 c olive oil and skip using the water in the garbanzo beans. The way that Meg has this posted is definitely a healthy, and still very tasty, way to go. Thank you for posting!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup tahini
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain chickpeas reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are smooth.
- Add a little of the reserved liqid from the chickpeas and process again. Add more liquid if thinner consistency is desired.