Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A slightly healthier version of the old favorite.
- 1 lb dried garbanzo beans
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Rinse and sort chick peas. Let soak 6-8 hours.
- Drain soaked peas. Simmer over medium heat 1.5-2 hours or until tender. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Add all ingredients together in a food processor and puree until desired consistency is reached. The reserved liquid from the beans can be added in small amounts until the hummus is smooth enough.
- Note: The ingredients listed can be varied depending on your tastes. Also, try adding a dash of cayenne and letting the mixture sit over night for a kick :). One serving is about 1/4-1/2°C.