Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, Chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can ounce chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 dash cumin
- GARNISH: lemon wedges, cherry tomatoes, or fresh parsley sprigs (opt) In a small skillet, heat oil; saute onion and garlic until onion is softened.
- Add seasonings.
- Stir just long enough to soften parsley.
- In food processor, combine rinsed and drained chick peas and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Stir in onion and herb mixture; stir in sesame seeds.
- Spoon into serving bowl.
- Top with garnish if desired.
- VARIATIONS: - substitute 15-oz can Great Northern beans for chick peas.
I liked this hummus, but added a tsp. of toasted sesame seed to it, a little more lemon juice and some olive oil to make it smoother. Thanks for a good recipe!