Recipe by Vegan Tracy
This is the most delicious and easy hummus to make!
Top Review by knitnsoap
Just made this and it is wonderful. I only used 2 cloves of garlic since raw garlic is very strong and added a little water to loosen it up a bit since I didn't have but 2 lemons. It came out creamy and delicious. Much better than store bought.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed off (also known as Chick peas)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor put garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt and pulse until the beans begin to break down.
- After a few pulses, turn the processor to the on position and let the ingredients incorporate. Scrape the sides down and process again.
- As the ingredients start to blend add olive oil. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Place in a bowl and serve with blue corn chips or toasted baguette bread. **This recipe can be made the day before and stored in an airtight container until the next day.