- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas, canned, drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender or food processor, puree all ingredients until smooth. Pour into serving bowl. Can garnish with a sprinkle of paprika (not hot paprika) and parsley.
- Note: Tahini can be found in many grocery stores and specialty stores in the middle eastern food aisle.