Recipe by melting pot
"Mmm...garlicky, just the way I like it." Note: Feel free to adjust the ingredients to taste.
Top Review by Studentchef
I used alot less Garlic than called for in the recipe, but I still used enough to allow the garlic to stand out. I like this recipe, and I like the fact that includes basil and oregano as part of the recipe, too.
- 2 heads garlic
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Peel off outer skin of garlic heads, but not individual cloves.
- Place garlic heads on aluminium foil and wrap to enclose. Place on baking tray and roast for 1 hr 15 minute.
- Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients (including cooled garlic) in food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to a week.