Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
"Mmm...garlicky, just the way I like it." Note: Feel free to adjust the ingredients to taste.
- 2 heads garlic
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Peel off outer skin of garlic heads, but not individual cloves.
- Place garlic heads on aluminium foil and wrap to enclose. Place on baking tray and roast for 1 hr 15 minute.
- Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients (including cooled garlic) in food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to a week.
I used alot less Garlic than called for in the recipe, but I still used enough to allow the garlic to stand out. I like this recipe, and I like the fact that includes basil and oregano as part of the recipe, too.
All your recipes look great. My husband & I will look forward to trying them all. Thank you for posting such delicious sounding dishes. crazy crafter
To use that amount of Tahili you would have to double the amount of chickpeas. I have been making this recipe (I got it from an Egyptian) for over 35 years.