Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a favourite of mine, I love to have it with FALAFEL! Hmmmm, yummmy!
Top Review by tanyagirlfriday
A variation of this recipe was passed down to me from my Lebanese-Canadian mother. Instead of thinning it out with water we use a good quality light extra virgin olive oil, it gives the hummus a smooth, creamier texture. I use 1 tablespoon of tahini to one can of chick peas otherwise the tahini flavour is too overpowering, and no cumin, just lots of lemon juice and minced garlic does the trick, and then garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and a sprig of parsley!
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans
- 118.29 ml tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 88.74 ml lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans and reserve the liquid when you do so.
- Blend beans, along with the other ingredients and 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add liquid until the desired consistency is reached.
- Adjust seasonings alongwith more cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper.