Recipe by BeckyD in Tennessee
A wonderful older lady at work gave me this recipe and it is absolutely wonderful!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I really want to give this five stars, but I have to consider the whole family when I rate. I will make this again when I have company that are fans of coconut. My family was just too divided on the dessert. I loved the toasted coconut & almonds but thought the rest could have used a bit more flavor. Maybe a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg added into the crust next time (I made a homemade crust). DH didn't like the coconut at all, DS15 thought it was good but too coconutty & DD2 would only eat the creamy filling out of the mixing bowl but wouldn't touch it once the coconut was next to it. Thanks for sharing, Becky! Made for Fall 2008 Pick A Chef.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 6 ounces coconut
- 3 ounces slivered almonds
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 graham crackers or 1 pastry pie crust
- 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 3 ingredients and brown lightly in a pan.
- Mix condensed milk and cream cheese until well blended. Fold in cool whip.
- Place 1/2 cream cheese mixture in pie crust. Sprinkle 1/2 of coconut mixture, then drizzle with 1/2 caramel topping. Repeat each layer once more.