1/2 Photos of Hummingbird Pancakes
1 hr 9 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup drained canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- sliced banana
- pineapple chunk
Cream Cheese Anglaise
- 1Pancakes--stir together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together the buttermilk and next 5 ingredients in another bowl.
- 3Gradually stir in the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4Fold in the pecans.
- 5Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet.
- 6Cook pancakes 3-4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
- 7Turn and cook 3-4 minutes or until done.
- 8Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
- 9Garnish pancakes with banana slices and pineapple chunks, if desired.
- 10Serve with Cream Cheese Anglaise--process first 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 11Bring mixture to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- 12Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- 13Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and vanilla; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummingbird Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g