Make and share this Hummingbird Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- sliced banana
- pineapple chunk
Cream Cheese Anglaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pancakes--stir together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and next 5 ingredients in another bowl.
- Gradually stir in the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet.
- Cook pancakes 3-4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
- Turn and cook 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
- Garnish pancakes with banana slices and pineapple chunks, if desired.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Anglaise--process first 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and vanilla; serve immediately.