Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cake full of bananas, pineapple, and pecans, with a cream cheese icing.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 5 -6 bananas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl, sift them together 3 times.
- Add pineapple, bananas (pinch the bananas off and mush with your fingers as you add it to the mix), nuts, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix with very clean hands (do not use mixer). This will allow you to have a fluffy cake.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Let cool and frost with cream cheese icing. Top with coconut flakes and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- For frosting, add ingredients in large bowl, mix together with mixer on low speed until creamy.
- Coconut and chopped pecans will be sprinkled on top of icing.
the cake was soooooo moist and yummy! It even got a "wow" from my sister.
This is very similiar to the Hummingbird Cake I just made, except my recipe called for 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon of butter flavour and omitted the baking powder. It is so good! Almost like a quick bread. Never even used frosting on it at all.