Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a moist, delicious, big cake. Great for the holidays, birthdays, etc.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped firm ripe bananas
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add eggs and oil to the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until moistened.
- Stir in vanilla, pineapple and 1 cup pecans. Stir in bananas.
- Spoon the batter into 3 greased and floured 9- inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Combine cream cheese and butter; cream until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, beating with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Frost and sprinkle the top evenly with the pecans.