Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Aunt's cake...we have it at most of our family gatherings..it's really rich and moist! One of my favorites!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I use pecans)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix well and pour in a greased and floured layer pans (3),or in a 9by13 inch pan.
- Bake layer pans for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- The oblong pan takes about 1 hour to bake.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:Cream margarine and cream cheese.
- Add sugar,vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Mix well and add nuts.
- Spread on cake.
This is one of my favourite cakes. I make this using vegetable oil as a substitute for salad oil. I also use 1 1/2 tsps. vanilla essence in the cake batter. Since I do not have cream cheese, I had to make changes as for the icing part of this recipe. I omitted the cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter that form a part of the icing in this recipe. Instead, I used all the ingredients mentioned under "For cake" and in addition to that, I used 1 mango(made its puree in the blender) and an additional tsp. of vanilla essence in the cake mixture. I also omitted the pineapples as I didnt have the tin unfortunately. Instead, I added a tsp. of pineapple essence to my cake mixture ingredients. This is a real good cake!! Thanks for sharing:-)