Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Hummingbird Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) cancrushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Cake: Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and oil, stirring until flour mixture is moistened.
- Do not beat.
- Stir in vanilla, pineapple, pecans, and bananas.
- Bake in 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans, and cool completely.
- Frosting: Combine cream cheese and margarine, beating until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread between layers and on top of and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.