Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
I have had this recipe for years and years. Don't remember where it came from.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups bananas, mashed
- Combine flour, soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and oil.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- DO NOT BEAT.
- Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 23-28 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost with Humming Bird Cake Frosting (recipe #15993).
I make a cake just like this from a cookbook I have for bake sales and it always sells first. It is a VERY sweet cake but kids love it!!
I have baked this cake twice, everyone asks for the recipe. I bake mine in an airbake 13x9 cake pan and it turns out good every time . C.Courtney