Recipe by Chef Jean
A cheesey, spicey corn side dish.
Top Review by Sara 76
This is more of a dip than a side dish..which was exactly what we wanted! I used a red onion, canned jalepeno chillies, and minced red chillies. We served it with toasted tortilla wedges. It was hot and spicy, and delicios! I loved it, and will definately be making it again next time I need a chilli fix! Made for ZWT7 - South America.
- 3 cups corn kernels (from 6 to 8 ears corn)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red serrano chilies, seeded, minced
- 2 green serrano chilies, seeded minced
- 3⁄4 cup grated Cotija cheese or 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn kernels, milk, eggs and salt in processor or blender and puree.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add chilies and corn mixture. Stir over low heat until the corn mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.