Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Odd set of ingredients with great results. Good for a potluck.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 stalk broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, thin sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (packed or grated)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a large, heavy skillet, cook the onions over very low heat, in the butter until they begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli, potato slices and salt.
- Stir and cover Continue cooking over med-low heat until potato slices are just tender-about 8-10 minutes.
- Don't overcook, as this will cause to becoming boring!
- Season the cooked vegetables with black pepper and dill, stirring to well acquaint everything with everything else.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the chopped egg, pickle, grated cheese and caraway seeds.
- Spread half the cooked veggies into bottom of buttered deep dish casserole.
- Sprinkle half the egg cheese mix over the vegetable layer distributing it evenly and unimaginatively.
- Repeat previous step with other half of veggie mix.
- Pour milk over the top of the casserole and dust with paprika.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes in 350°F oven.