Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie recipe was passed down to my mother then to me. Instead of Macintosh I use Jona Golds.
- 1 unbaked pie shell, fit into a pie pan (made from scratch or purchased)
- 3 mcintosh apples
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, cut into bits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Mix with the cranberries and brown sugar.
- Place into pie shell.
- Place the walnuts in a processor and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until blended but still crumbly. (You can also chop the nuts by hand with the back of a large spoon and blend them with the rest of the ingredients.).
- Spoon topping over the pie and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Cover top with foil to prevent from darkening to much.
Sounds very nice but it is not Humble Pie