Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and tasty blueberry pie. I love using fresh picked blueberries for this, but I have used frozen when fresh weren't available. Comes together really fast and is great for most any occasion.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place blueberries in crust; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, vanilla, zest, and sour cream; spread over blueberries.
- Combine breadcrumbs, granulated sugar, and butter; sprinkle over sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until set and crumbs are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
This is a Cooking Light recipe that we love. Be warned that it doesn't hold together like a regular pie, it's much "looser," which is where the crumble part comes in.
This pie was OK. It was similar to a sour cream raisin pie, but the crust and topping just didn't seem compatible with the topping. I think that we would have really enjoyed the filling in a regular crust with a meringue topping.
I'm not rating b/c I didn't actually taste this; I made it for a friend who'd been in an accident and thought it would cheer him. He proclaimed it "excellent." I used a packaged shortbread crust instead of graham, and only 3 cups of blueberries -- 3 cups filled the crust almost completely. This was easy to make.