Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is the best recipe in the world!! It is great to have anytime but it also makes great christmas gifts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 9 cups Corn Chex or 9 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a large sauce pan, melt together butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Stir until all is evenly distributed and all is completely melted.
- Measure out chex into a large bowl.
- Pour chocolate mixture over chex and fold until all the chex are completely covered in the chocolate mixture.
- Put powdered sugar into large paper bag.
- Put chex into the bag with the sugar and shake until all chex are covered.
- Add more sugar as needed.
Made this Thanksgiving day. Kids and adults all loved it. Just a tip... if you are going to double it (like I did) make two different batches. Easier that way in the long run and fewer chex get crushed in the mixing.
We have been making this recipe for several years, everyone in our family loves it. This recipe was on the box (Rice Chex). It is also good made with mint chocolate chips.
hey everyone chex are a type of cereal made by general mills