Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
They really look like eyeballs! You will also need 1 empty styrofoam egg carton washed and dried.
- 1 (3 ounce) package green Jell-O or 1 (3 ounce) packageblue Jello gelatin
- 3⁄4 water, boiling
- 12 large blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages red Jell-O
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, luke warm (divided into 1/4 and 3/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping
- Heat water in the microwave until it is boiling about 3 minutes.
- Add your choice of jello green or the blue stir until dissolved.
- Pour enough green or blue jello in each cup of the egg carton to cover a berry (in step 5).
- Place carton, with colored jello, in the refrigerator for 10 minutes of until the jello just starts to harden.
- Push a blueberry into the center of each jello cup and return tray to the refrigerator for one hour.
- Mean while make red jello as instructed on the box.(I like my jello firmer so I subtract 1/2 cup of water).
- Pour into a 9x13 cake pan and refrigerate until firm.
- When the blue or green jello is completely firm make the white layer.
- Put 1/4 cup of lukewarm water in a mixing bowl, add unflavored gelatin, stir thoroughly.
- Microwave the other 3/4 cup of water on high until it boils then stir in the unflavored gelatin mixture.
- Next, stir in the whipped topping until it is fairly smooth.
- Place the white mixture into the freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- When cooled to lukewarm pour into the egg carton up to the top of each cup.
- Return carton to the refrigerator for three hours or over night.
- To serve, cut red jello into squares and place on a serving tray.
- Remove eyes from the egg carton using a knife and place eyes on top of red jello.
I served them on graham crackers that had some extra whipped topping. They went well with Severed Fingers Halloween Cookies. I think they might have looked better with the colored jello called for but I had to go with what I had on hand which was plain gelatin that I colored. The girls got a big kick out of them & none were left over. I will make them again using jello.