Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish is a nice side for just about any meal. Its a real comfort food.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb bacon, cut into chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) baghulski noodles (if you can't find hulski noodles, any small floured noodle will work)
- butter, if needed
- Cut cabbage into bite size chunks and set aside.
- Cook noodles to al dente and set aside.
- In a large deep frying pan, fry bacon chunks.
- When bacon is not quite crispy add cabbage into bacon and grease.
- Cook approx 20 minutes until cabbage is wilty; add butter if mixture is dry.
- Add cooked noodles and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring often.
Yep, this is comfort food I do believe. I fried the bacon til CRISP but not burned. I added not butter as I felt the fat from the pig was enough. Used curly egg noodles. Plenty left over for lunch. Thanks Mr. Hixson.
Old fashioned comfort food for sure! Very like one I have enjoyed over the years - now not only do I have a name - I have the recipe down on paper! Made as posted for a great meal on a chilly wet day in July - so easy to make and oh so good. Wishing you quick recovery time. Jeff. Thank you for sharing a recipe that is now in my Family Favourites Cookbook.
Oh YUM! I added a minced onion with the cabbage and seaoned liberally with Salt and Pepper. This is real old fashioned goodness! Thanks Jeff!