Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted for ZWT7- The Pacific Islands. A Hawaiian luau favorite. I found this on gohawaii.com.
Make and share this Huli Huli Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 9 -12 lbs chicken wings, thighs, and breast portions
- 1⁄4 cup frozen pineapple concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon a pinch fresh ginger
- 1 -2 drop Worcestershire sauce
- Wash chicken parts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush over chicken parts.
- Grill over barbeque for about 40 minutes. Turn and baste with sauce until chicken is done.
Yum! When I finished making the marinade I thought it could use more Zazz so I put in another quarter cup of pineapple concentrate, a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper, some fresh grated ginger and some asian sesame ginger spice blend. I had also substituted sweet hot barbeque sauce for the ketchup. I marinated the chicken for a bit then boiled and reduced the marinade for use as a basting sauce. Excellent! Thanks much CJAY!