Prep 24 hrs
Cook 50 mins
This is a favorite of ours as the pineapple seeps into the Chicken Breast-the glaze is sticky-yummy!
- 6 bone-in skin on chicken breasts
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken breasts and 1 and 1/2 cups pineapple juice in a heavy duty freezer bag.
- Press out all the air, seal and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, in a medium saucepan combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, reserve 1/2 cup.
- Drain Chicken and pat dry.
- When marinade is cool, place in a freezer bag with the chicken, press out all the air, seal and let marinate for 8 hours.
- Prep Grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill, using the reserved marinade to baste.
- Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, this will take 30 minutes for small ones, up to 50 for large ones.
- (Tamari is Soy Sauce aged in oak barrels-prep time reflects marinating time).
So good!!! I used soy sauce instead of tamari. The flavors really shine in this dish. I served this with a tossed salad and white rice. I will make this again. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.