Recipe by Kana K.
"Huli Huli," means turn, turn. Chicken halves are cooked on metal frame screens that are turned repeatedly over a charcoal fire, somewhat like a rotisserie. Below is a basic recipe for hawaiian barbecue.
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 piece gingerroot, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven Version:.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 6 to 8 inches from unit in electric oven for 10 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining ingredients;.
- Baste chicken and continue broiling for 10 more minutes on each side, basting frequently with sauce.