Prep 12 mins
Cook 13 mins
Give it a whirl, a chop, a spin-saucy sweet chicken is sure to win applause.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesdried ramen noodles
- 2⁄3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- If necessary, put the chicken on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Pour the cooking oil into a skillet. Put the skillet on a burner. Turn burner to mediun-high heat. Heat oil. You can tell when the skillet is hot enough by sprinkling a couple drops of water into the skillet. When the water drops dance on the surface, it is time to add the chicken. Add chicken to skillet; cook about 6 minutes or until chicken pieces are no longer pink, stirring chicken all the time with a wooden spoon. Add vegetables to the skillet. Cover skillet with lid. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- While vegetables are cooking, open the can of pineapple, using a can opener if necessary. Open the packages of noodles. Break each block of noodles into small pieces in a bowl. Throw away seasoning packets.
- Add pineapple chunks and juice, noodles, stir-fry sauce, and water to the vegetables and chicken in the skillet. Use the wooden spoon to stir until the liquid covers all of the pieces. Bring to boiling; turn heat to medium-low heat. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring now and then with wooden spoon.
- Serve with fresh mango slices, chocolate cake for dessert, and milk.
So easy to do and my husband loved it!!! I would suggest sauteeing garlic with the chicken as it cooks and adding mushrooms with the vegetables. Otherwise, it's a great recipe and would definitely cook it again!
I haven't mad this yet but it looks good. I wanted to suggest that the seasoning packs from the noodles can be saved and used for other dishes like eggs, browned hamburger and the like.