1/1 Photo of Hula Hula Cake W/ Cool Whip Frosting
This cake tastes so light and sweet. It is similar to a hummingbird cake but I have added some things which make it taste so much better!! Also, instead of using a cream cheese frosting, I use a Cool Whip lemon frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, ext
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 overripe mashed bananas
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2-9 inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- 2Sift flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 3Blend oil, eggs, and vanilla slowly. Slowly blend in flour mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 can crushed pineapples w/ juice, coconut, and mashed bananas. Stir in nuts (optional).
- 4Pour batter in prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting on racks.
- 5Pierce the top of one of the cakes with a fork. Pour the second can of crushed pineapple over pierced cake. Cool completely.
- 6To make frosting: Blend pudding mix and milk in a bowl till all lumps are out. Add lemon ext. Fold whipped topping carefully till it is blended evenly.
- 7When cakes are completely cooled place 1/2 cup of frosting on top of pineapple topped cake. Spread frosting evenly. Place second cake on top of frosted cake. Finish frosting cake evenly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hula Hula Cake W/ Cool Whip Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 444.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g