Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Werther's Caramels so much. They're my favorite. I found this recipe on the Werther's site. I can't wait to try them out because everything in them are my favorites.
- 1 (6 ounce) bagwerther's soft caramels
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Rough chop 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts and set aside.
- Melt the caramel and milk in a small saucepan.
- Add remaining nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir well. When cool enough to handle, roll into walnut-sized balls and roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on waxed paper to harden. Store in an air-tight container.
These were a HUGE hit with the family for Christmas this year! In fact, I knew they were good when my cousin sought me out the next day after having sampled some I had left at her mom's home. She just had to have the recipe! Well, she is one of the best cooks I know, so for HER to ask ME for a recipe? SUCCESS! I felt honored. :-) One suggestion: make the balls a little on the small side because they are rich. Plus, they will last just a little longer, maybe! Delicious!!!
These are soo good! I LOVE caramel and these were the best treat! I think they would also be good rolled in toasted coconut. I also had a problem with them holding their shape so I rolled them all out, went back and re-rolled some of the flatter ones and then put the try in the fridge for about 30 minutes so they would firm up. Definately will be adding these to my holiday cookie trays every year! Made for Photo Forums 2010 Holiday Celebration.