A Togloese seafood dish taken from World Cuisine Recipes.com and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons palm oil
- 550 g tomatoes, blanched, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon finely-diced habanero chili
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 160 ml smoked prawns, finely minced
- 1 lb plump oyster, shucked
- 250 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 360 ml flour
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- 1Heat the palm oil in a non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- 2Add the tomato purée and fry for about 10 minutes then add the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 5 minutes further.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir-in the peanut butter and add the smoked prawns just before serving.
- 5For the oysters: place the shellfish in a plastic bag and mix with the lemon juice and garlic powder. Toss to coat and allow to marinade for 15 minutes.
- 6Drain and reserve the oysters. Meanwhile combine the flour, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 7Toss the oysters into the flour mixture and mix well.
- 8Deep fry the oysters in oil for 3–4 minutes then drain on paper towels.
- 9Serve 4 oysters per person, accompanied by a small ramekin of the chilli sauce and a lemon wedge.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huitres Azi Dessi (Fried Oysters With Chilli, Smoked Prawns And
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 775.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: