Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".
- 2 -4 ice cubes
- 1 cup soft tofu or 1 cup silken tofu
- 4 -6 strawberries
- 1 cup guava juice or 1 cup tropical fruit juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, puree all the ingredients until creamy.
Hooray! A recipe with tofu in it that I actually like! That, in and of itself, makes it worth 5 stars! I used guava juice (because it had 2 grams of fiber in it, as opposed to all the other juices), pineapple, frozen strawberries, and I omitted the ice cubes. My only issue (and it is a small one), is that I couldn't get it to blend enough to get rid of the little flecks of white from the tofu. My picky 4 year old only had a bit, but my 2 year old loved it and begged for more! Thanks so much!
Delicious refreshing smoothie. These are great for after school. I will be making these a lot for after school and summer treats.