A great tasting salad that is a welcome change from the norm. Great for summer picnics and BBQs.
Make and share this Hugs and Kisses Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach (or other tender greens)
- 8 -9 large strawberries
- 8 -9 large mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced green onion
- Wash and spin dry the greens, pinch off the stems and place in a beautiful bowl.
- Choose strawberries with pointed ends. Cut the stem out in a wedge shape so that the strawberry looks like a heart. Slice the berries thin, maintaining the heart shape.
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and slice thin and toss into the spinach.
- Toast the slivered almonds and the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and olive oil. Add the onion and whisk well.
- Toss into the salad, garnish with the toasted seeds and almonds and serve.
at first, it didn't sound appetizing. just something about strawberries and worcestershire sauce. this, however, is one of the tastiest salads i've ever had.
Big hit at home. The dressing is absolutely perfect and the almonds add the perfect crunch.
Very delicious and refreshing salad. I've used balsamic vinegar also, in place of the white wine vinegar, and it's just as good. Definitely a great way to enjoy spinach, especially for those that don't normally like it.