A great tasting salad that is a welcome change from the norm. Great for summer picnics and BBQs.
Make and share this Hugs and Kisses Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach (or other tender greens)
- 8 -9 large strawberries
- 8 -9 large mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced green onion
- Wash and spin dry the greens, pinch off the stems and place in a beautiful bowl.
- Choose strawberries with pointed ends. Cut the stem out in a wedge shape so that the strawberry looks like a heart. Slice the berries thin, maintaining the heart shape.
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and slice thin and toss into the spinach.
- Toast the slivered almonds and the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and olive oil. Add the onion and whisk well.
- Toss into the salad, garnish with the toasted seeds and almonds and serve.