1/2 Photos of Hugs and Kisses Salad
A great tasting salad that is a welcome change from the norm. Great for summer picnics and BBQs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach (or other tender greens)
- 8 -9 large strawberries
- 8 -9 large mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced green onion
- 1Wash and spin dry the greens, pinch off the stems and place in a beautiful bowl.
- 2Choose strawberries with pointed ends. Cut the stem out in a wedge shape so that the strawberry looks like a heart. Slice the berries thin, maintaining the heart shape.
- 3Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and slice thin and toss into the spinach.
- 4Toast the slivered almonds and the sesame seeds and set aside.
- 5Whisk together the sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and olive oil. Add the onion and whisk well.
- 6Toss into the salad, garnish with the toasted seeds and almonds and serve.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hugs and Kisses Salad
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar