Recipe by hrlyhny
This is the Best meatloaf I have ever had.
Top Review by ~Bekah~
I am sorry to report that I had problems with this recipe. It completely split down the middle, causing it to spread out to the size of the pan, with the filling on top. The peppers and onions didn't soften while cooking, and it took 20 minutes longer than stated to cook through. The meat IS very tasty, and the filling is good, but very rich. I would highly suggest mixing the meat, pressing 1/2 into a loaf pan, then layer the toppings (but I would only use 1/4 of the recommended cream cheese), and then pat the remaining meat on top of this. Again, the meat and filling is very good, however the cooking method did not work for me, and left me with a odd looking meal to serve my guests.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (can use fresh)
- 2 cups grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef, egg, bread crumbs and 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Spread on 10X14 waxpaper.
- Spread cream cheese over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle onions, green pepper, mushrooms and grated cheese.
- Roll waxpaper like a Jelly Roll amd place in 8x13 pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350.
- Top with remaining can of tomato sauce.