Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red cinnamon candies
- Preheat oven to 375~.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- In a saucepan melt chocolate over low heat.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat butterand sugar until creamy.
- Stir in egg, vanilla and chocolate.
- Add flour mix and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Make spiders by shaping a 2 inch flat oval for the body.
- Flatten a circle about 1/2 inches wide for the spider's head.
- Shape dough for 8 legs, each 2 inches long and less than 1/4 inch wide.
- Attach the head and legs to the body.
- Use red candies for the eyes.
- This recipe Halloween treats makes about twenty spiders.
- Bake in 375~ oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Let recipe Halloween treats cool on baking sheet before removing.